Tuesday, August 7, 2007

First things first...


I looked at the list I posted yesterday and realized there were a lot of missing items. Like, Harry Potter! I couldn't stand not knowing what happened in the last book. Sunday morning, right after breakfast I went out and bought the 'Deathly Hallows'. I had just finished the 'Half Blood Prince' about a week before and was so surprised by the events at the end of the book and so afraid someone would spoil the ending of 'Deathly Hallows' before I got to read it.


The series ended along the lines I thought it would and I'm looking forward to J.K. Rowling writing an encyclopedia of Harry Potter. She said in some of her interviews that she was seriously considering a reference work for the series and it would be great to go back and read all the books with a reference book.


I still haven't seen 'The Order of the Phoenix' but I'm hoping to this week. Getting Alexa and her lists of supplies for school will be the order of the week for the next two weeks or so.


Sandy and Chris' wedding tomorrow!

1 comment:

barbnh said...

Hi! I finally joined Google and caught up on your blog. Sounds like a busy summer for you and your family. Hope you get to stop and smell the roses as they say. My daughter is the Harry Potter fan in our family. She was at the midnite showing of the movie ( she decided at the last minute to leave the cape and sorcerer's hat at home), and read the book the first weekend. Watching her up and downs emotionally while reading the book was amazing. She's taking a creative writing course in her high school senior year. I'll have to find a way to convince her to let me read her stuff.

Enjoy the book!