Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween Past...

A project I have on display at the store was begun by Alexa. She had come to work with me one day and wanted something to work on. Sharon gave her this cute Maya Road Owl chipboard mini-album. Alexa finished the cover and was not happy with it (she is such a perfectionist). I decided to take it home and do something with it so as not to waste the album. I came up with the idea of gathering all of Alexa's previous Halloween costume photos and making an album out of them


This is the cover. I took four different colors of Prima flowers and cut the petals off and layered them on the owl to look like feathers. The eyes are googly eyes and the nose is heart shaped rhinestone. Alexa's gold paint job shows through and I added some stickles to give it a little sparkle. I'm going to try and add the rest of the pages as a slideshow.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

very cute but what is a stickle? And i'm very impressed by your "slideshow" of the pages....gotta learn how to do that??????? Help please?????
xo

JessW said...

Love the whole idea... album cover is very different. Such a great idea to put a collection of Alexa's costumes together.