Monday, December 21, 2009

Three more shopping days til Christmas...

I've just about had it with retailers. They are playing mind games with me. The Christmas decorations and promos started BEFORE Halloween around here. For months I was working on the consumer delusion of having so much time until you really had to get serious about Christmas.

I fought if off, had it under control and then like Abby with the zoomies...it was gone. Did you realize we've PASSED the last shopping week until Christmas? Wasn't Thanksgiving last Thursday? I could have sworn I just watched the Rockettes dance past Macy's front entrance and Santa go HO, HO, HO as he turned the corner and passed a Duane Reed...

I had the "formal" tree up right after Thanksgiving, I even got the lights on the bushes out front before Thanksgiving. So how did come to pass that this Friday is Christmas!?! I'M NOT READY!!!

They really ought to give us more warning...

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I guess I'm almost ready. There's a bit more wrapping to be done and one last grocery store run to be made, but it'll all happen, won't it?
Merry Christmas to you and your family! ♥

Anonymous said...

As usual, I'm behind in everything Christmas, but I've got my tree up (sort of), my family at home, the fireplace going, and more chocolate than we could ever eat...

Merry Christmas!

Barb in NH