Friday, July 6, 2012

Laundry as Rabbits...

I will never be known for my sterling housekeeping abilities. Let's be honest, my husband is friendlier with the vacumm cleaner than I am. That said, I am a regular in the laundry room although, not as often as my daughter would like.  "Mom! when are you going to do laundry? I need: _________________ !!"(fill in the blank). As badly as I may spoil my daughter, I refuse to be a total slave to her, especially to her clothes.

Alexa's clothes multiply like rabbits! I used to ask her for her laundry. It would fill up a laundry basket or two. I'd do those clothes and the baskets would fill up again. I'd do the laundry and Alexa would complain that I didn't wash: _______________(fill in the blank)!

Therefore, about two years ago I introduced her to the wonders of the washing machine! I know, mean, mean, MEAN! mom! Now, no more worries! No more complaints! No more, "Mom! what did you do with: ________________?"(fill in the blank).  This week I relapsed. I made the mistake of starting to do some of Alexa's laundry and just like the bunnies that live in our backyard it started to multiply...

 Under this pile is MY clothes - at least everything is clean!
 Pile 2 - I got to finish off several loads so that Alexa could go to bed...*
15 Cami's are to the left and under this yellow/green/turquoise top is about 12+ tees and tops

These are Alexa's white 'delicates'...I figured I was done. I'd run out of places to stack her folded clothes and it was 1:00 in the morning, then I turned around and look what I found - more baby bunnies to wash!
I swear, if that child every says she has nothing to wear...

*I sent her to bed because the next day was the first day of summer school and she had to be to school by 7:30 a.m.!

No comments: