Monday, February 5, 2018

It's been a Long.....Time

I feel like bad blogger, bad blogger. I just haven't been in the mood to write or post on the blog since we lost our sweet Abigail. I've also become a lot more cautious about writing personal stuff period. The social media world is so vicious and I'm not crazy about it's being a tool or more accurately a weapon for others no mater how innocent I think my posts may be. I'm also more protective of my family and friends. So, if I don't write about me and what I'm doing or what my family and friends are doing, what do I write about? See my dilemma? I'm thinking I need to go back to my creative hobby and post what I create. My only problem is that I've been terribly bad at being totally original in my creativity. I'm a great scrap/card/idea lifter. Not a stealer! I always, always, give credit for my inspiration to the originator and I do not sell my creations. So maybe I'll go that route.

My daughter (who HATES when I write about her) is doing a semester abroad. Her birthday is coming up so I had to quickie make something to send her. You may know I'm not quick under any circumstances and this is no exception. The good news is the card is in the mail, the bad news is she won't get it on time, the better news is she we will be away from her home base on her birthday so it won't matter! She'll get it when she comes back! Valentine's Day - forget about it! No way will a card arrive on time! Unless, maybe, I get it in the mail today or tomorrow...

Anyway, here is the card I did for her, kudos to Lawn Fawn (their die box) and My Favorite Things and Pinterest for stamps and coloring combo.


We'll see what else may come down the pike, but for now at least I feel better I posted something for 2018!

No comments: