Sunday, July 1, 2007

It's going to be a long, long, long...summer

Remember the Staples commercial with the father gleefully going up and down the aisles, kicking up his heels to tune of "It's the most wonderful time of the year"? Well, that's what I'm wishing for now. My husband has been away for almost a week at a conference in Washington state and I'm enjoying (and I use that term VERY loosely) the sounds of my daughter arguing with my mother-in-law over whatever nitpicky topic they have stumbled on today. Yesterday it was eating vegetables and fruit, the day before it was whether my husband would wear shorts and flip flops to church, today--I don't even want to know! A whole summer of this and I will surely go out of my mind.

Both of them can talk non-stop until the cows come home. Both think the other is dotty, or crazy, or just plain silly. I've got news for them - THEY BOTH ARE! They are so like each other they would recoil in horror if you even suggested it. Let me tell you, they don't make enough Calgon to take me away from these two when they get going -- HELP!!!!!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Hang in there! Summer vacation tends to drive me a little crazy by the end. So far, so good. Although, giving me the jitters this month are Amberly's adventures in driving (not excited about that). Drivers Ed. begins this morning. **insert nervous twitch**

Shawna said...

Oh how I miss your mother-in-law stories.