Saturday, January 5, 2008

New Year, new changes!

Thought I left with Father Time didn't you? No, I just went to Mars for lunch...

After a long hiatus from blogging, I'm back! We had a very nice Christmas on Long Island at my brother and sister-in-law's house and saw some of our extended family and visited several of our old haunts. We even saw Santa on Christmas Eve as he drove past on a Wantagh Fire Department truck with Mrs. Claus. I've been told it's a scheduled rest stop for the reindeer and the fire department gladly lends Santa one of their trucks for a portion of the evening.

Anyway the day after Christmas we (Norman, Alexa, Brion, Maggie and myself) went into Manhattan for a the day. We had really nice weather but a lot of crowds! We made the pilgrimage to the American Girl store on Fifth Avenue and Brion and Maggie were overwhelmed! We had to wait in a line about half a block long just to get in and once in it was pandemonium! I've since promised never to subject them to it again.





We also went to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. My camera battery died after about four pictures and I'm having a devil of a time trying to rotate my other pictures so it's just me and the 'Rock' - one of my guilty pleasures, love his smile ;-)

Then we went to Mars for lunch. We took a rocket to get there and we walked home. Believe it or not the walk home was much quicker!

I came home with a head cold and I'm still hacking away several weeks later. I still have the Christmas decorations to take down...probably this weekend and I'm getting into the swing of things at work again.

The next big event coming down the pike is Alexa's 11th birthday. The 'theme' has been decided, a tropical beach theme - thus a pool party at a local hotel. Alexa's present is going to be a surprise so I can't talk about it here (curious eyes may spy).

I'm taking a little trip in February that I'll talk about later and until then I want to welcome my friends Jessica and Lynn to the world of blogging (they both have more entries this year than me!)

3 comments:

JessW said...

Hey You! So glad you're blogging again. I enjoy reading your enteries and it is, after all, because of you and Tracy, that I started a blog. You two were my inspiration. {No pressure}
Glad to hear that your holidays went well and that you got to spend some time with your Brother & SIL.
Can't wait to see the pics from Alexa's b-day bash. Make sure to take some pics of you doing the limbo, hula dance, etc. :o)
Looking forward to our weekend in March - go Sweatshoppe -er tons!
Take Care - Jess

Tracy said...

Hey - good to hear from you again. The pic of you and The Rock makes me laugh, but it's a little creepy. That's what I think of all those weird wax statues. Kinda spooky.
Trip in Feb...? Are you going where I'm going? That wuold be TOO COOL!

Lynn said...

OMG I thought it really was the Rock until I read your entry! I'm very interested in MARS restaurant you went to in Manhattan; sounds way cool and something we should check out next time we go to NYC! I too am anticipating the pics from Alexa's bday party! Happy New Year!
XO
Lynn